Friday, June 17, 2011

School Morons Part One

Lately many of the morons I come into contact with are through school posts.   There are typically about 25 students in my classes.  Most are 30-50 somethings returning to school to obtain a degree for a new career.  Like me!  At least half of these students can not form complete sentences, spell, or even use proper grammar.

Never in my life have I met people with more drama and problems than on a year of episodes of General Hospital!   Every learning team I have been assigned to, there is at least one person who has some disease suddenly diagnosed, a death in the family, or more family emergencies in five weeks than any normal person has in a life time.

So here is the question.  Why pay $1200 for each five week class if you can't write, you can't spell (or use the spell check that you can set to automatically check your posts before actually posting them in the class forum), and you can't attend class or complete assignments because you have drama?

My latest team member is now on medication that makes her "drowsy and unable to think".   A great excuse for posting six sentences which should be two paragraphs of information we can use for a grade.  Really?

So to all those people who I attend class with and can't spell things like interest, principal and elementary correctly, I quote the funny comedian Bill Engvall, "here's your sign".   Yes, the sign that reads, I AM A MORON.

No comments:

Post a Comment